Wednesday, June 2, 2010

AN OPEN LETTER TO MONKI IN STOCKHOLM



Dear Monki,

Where have you been all my life? First, I arrived in Stockholm, Sweden two years ago already knowing about the magic of Cheap Monday. I discovered the cheap Gina Tricot when I was both in Stockholm and Malmo. Then when I came back home – 6 months later – I discovered 5th Avenue Shoe Repair, another Stockholm-based company known for its intricate cuts, interesting shapes and translucent tees. I was sad to miss out on window shopping at the flagship in Stockholm. But then the unbelievable happened.


Click on thumbnails for larger images


You, Monki, seeped into my life when I was least expecting it – during a time when my travel bug was really intense, jumping out of my skin, especially for Scandinavia. There you were with your beautiful and amazing clothes that were a hybrid of avant garde and ready-to-wear. Suddenly, I reminisced. I remembered Cheap Monday, 5th Avenue and even thought about Ann Sofie Back, Maison Martin Margiela, Commes Des Garcons, Christpher Kane and Alexander Wang in the meantime. Those are some of my favourite designers, and I feel like you embody them in some weird way or another.


Click on thumbnails for larger images


Monki, I am pretty sure you and I are meant to be. It’s just a matter of planning my trip back to Copenhagen and Stockholm so I can fully take advantage of your amazingness. Until then, this entry comprising of melting saliva will have to suffice. And maybe that’s for the better because lord knows I can’t be hoppin’ around spending 30 euros here and 15 euros there as a jobless new grad with no closet space left. I mean, it’s getting a little ridiculous.

Sincerely,
Erin Pea


Click on thumbnails for larger images


P.S. Okay, so I guess if we’re truly meant to be I’ll have to see what kind of material you’re made out of and if you fit my non-sleek-and-slim, antithesis-of-tall-Swede body.


Click on thumbnails for larger images


P.P.S. Your web design? Super freaking cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment